Anyway, how did you celebrate?
I did random stuff.
- Arranged Pergolesi's Stabat Mater for recorder sextet in the morning.
- Played trios in the afternoon.
- And went to a noise gig at the Mist Rolling Inn in the evening.
Meanwhile I represented in typical understated fashion: pink jeans, socks and trainers, black fluffy jumper and sports bra, raspberry earrings. Not raspberry colour. Drop earrings with little raspberries. A young woman in Nottingham shouted across the street: “I like your...”
I couldn't tell what exactly it was she liked – noise gigs tend to impair your hearing temporarily – but I smiled and said thank you. I'll just assume it was the raspberries :)
Then I drove home with the air conditioning on.
To quote Leila Berg in Little Pete Stories: That was a good day.

I confess I didn't know there was an International Non-Binary Day. I am now better informed. In these parts July 14th is Bastille Day, so croissants are compulsory!
ReplyDeleteBy the sound of it, it was random music day for you. But the outfit sounds great. Glad you had a good one.
Sue xx
Thanks, Sue.
DeleteYes, INBD, due to it being halfway (128 days each way) between IWD (8th March) and IMD (19th November).
Apparently, July 14th is also (among other things) the feast day of Deusdedit of Canterbury, North Korean Defectors' Day, and Angélique Kidjo's birthday. Click her name link to get more music, which I'm listening to right now.
Really, every day is random music day here. I'll being doing some practice in a bit, and this afternoon it's the local U3A recorder group meeting.
J. xx
A belated happy Non Binary day! I'll pop it in my diary for next time.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a grand day out, and those raspberry earrings are just beautiful.
Thanks, Lynn.
DeleteThe noise gig was an okay day out. There was rather too much juvenile aggressive posturing and shouting. That sort of thing was entertaining when Whitehouse were doing it in the early ’80s. Forty years on, it's more like... *rolls eyes"
But I do like costume jewellery :)
Happy non binary day. It sounds like you had a good one. I love those earrings.
ReplyDeleteDee xxx
Thanks, Dee :)
DeleteJ. xx