Tuesday 31 December 2019

Floating in femme.

I've blogged before about femme tides. The notion that femme feelings tend to ebb and flow. Sometimes they sit there quietly in the background; at other times they're full on, screaming, front and centre. At the moment mine are very much full on, having been building since last September. Rather than a mere tide, even a high or spring tide, this is a flood.

“The same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. ... And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days. ... [Then] the rain from heaven was restrained. And the waters returned from off the earth continually ... And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month ... And in the second month [thereafter] ... was the earth dried.”

Adding that up: 150 days is five months; then the rain abated and the flood retreated for five more months, with a further two months for everything to return to normal. In total, a whole goddamn year. So if this biblical analogy holds any water (:p), my own femme deluge will keep on rising well into February, and then take to next September to dissipate.

I don't think it's possible for me to swim for that long. I'm going to have to find some way of floating in femme in 2020. Or risk drowning in it.

5 comments:

  1. Gentle streams are one thing, an exhilarating white water ride another, but to be within the flood: that seems less than ideal.

    I hope that you catch a break and whatever you need to do, goes well. If there's anything I can help with, just ask.

    Good luck for the new year. L x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn x

      Using the “pink fog” metaphor instead, this is a real peasouper. (Or should that be a T-souper?) Following Shar Rednour's advice helps somewhat, but I am feeling the need to step it up. Perhaps I'll just get my ears pierced or something. We'll see.

      Seasonal felicitations to you too :)

      Delete
    2. Ear piercing: if you can, go for it. There's such a variety of earring styles these days.

      Delete
  2. Ah, the pesky tidal flow of femme feelings. Hope the flood abates to something more manageable and even enjoyable. Have a good 2020. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. And the same to you :)

      As for expressing my femme, all I've done so far is buy a pink t-shirt with the word Sissy in big letters. I think I'll wear it at Pride this year.

      Delete