Sunday 29 September 2019

Compliments and whatnot.

Surprising as it may seem, I do occasionally get people criticizing my clothing choices. They tend to use helpful and insightful terms like “wanker” or make the equivalent hand gesture out of a car window. Those people are always cis men. But far more often I receive compliments – mostly from cis women – and randomly. In the street, in shops, in the pub, on the bus, ...

My pink trainers (seen here) prompt a fair few comments. Once, a rather inebriated woman came up to me at the bus stop to tell me, for some considerable time, how great they were, how great I was for wearing them, and how much she missed her gay male friend in her home town of Kettering. My painted boots, decorated with humming birds, are much admired too – if, again, not by cis men, who prefer pointedly not to say anything about my footwear. I just watch their eyes go down to my feet and then come back up. Perhaps heels would excite them more.

My variously furred and furry coats I've mentioned before – and with photos, some with me in, some not: long denim, long afghan, short purple, shaggy dog. That's only half my collection, by the way. All thanks to eBay and charity shops.

But it's my jumpers that seem to garner the most approval. These include:
a multi-coloured (orange/brown/black) mohair polo neck; a green mohair crew neck with a sequined butterfly (my eldest niece likes this especially); and three I bought from icecoolfashion. I have the red one pictured there, plus the same in blue (visible here) and black. They are really quite nice. A friendly checkout assistant in the local Co-op said she'd tracked down a similar one for herself after seeing me in one of mine.

And now I've ordered this:



It probably won't look as good on me as on the mannequin, but it's still gorgeous. I'm looking forward to parading it in public and anticipate further compliments and whatnot to follow.

5 comments:

  1. You cut a swathe of your own, and bless you for it. It would be a far duller world if we had to stick to the narrow tracks.

    BTW, was it Andrew O'Neil who described himself as an "alpha male shout generator"? :-)

    I wonder what such shouters think? Do they think you'll suddenly be 'enlightened' and return to the dull and dreary? Perhaps it's best not to look into the void... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn :)

      And yes, it was Andrew O'Neill who said that. I just googled for it and got the relevant blog link – plus a lot of pictures of you. Really. Try it!

      Delete
    2. I had a look after you mentioned it. That is a bit odd. Search engines eh? ;-)

      Delete
  2. Hi, I'm curious if you're interested in having a guest poster on your blog sometime? My blog is mainly about naturals ways of feminizing with hormones. Let me know if your interested and what kind of content I can share. the blog is Tblcokers.com if you want to pre screen it, tag me so i can get notified when you respond

    ReplyDelete