Wednesday 12 December 2018

Fifty Five.

Another year, another birthday. Apparently, it's five years since my last birthday post, ‘Fifty’, so that makes me fifty five.

Today. Five five. Crackerjack.

And it's getting on for five months since I last posted here. What can I say? Not much, seeing as I feel I have less and less to say – in any context. I've only gone down to my local trans group once this year and I left during the "socializing" break.

I have been out to a couple of other things: CN Lester was in Nottingham again, at Five Leaves Bookshop, talking about Trans Like Me and other stuff. And it was TDOR a few days later – and apart from the usual candlelight vigil, we had a nice, positive event Celebrating Resilience and Resistance at the Contemporary. I made notes in my notebook so that I could post about it later, but... didn't.

“Get busy livin'”, I wrote five years ago. Nothing much seems to have happened since then. And my rut continues.

Something better change. I said something better change. Change, change, change, change, change, change, change, change, change, change, change, change, change.

The admirably disciplined Lynn Jones makes herself post something every Friday. Perhaps I should try that. Or if not every Friday – that does sound incredibly tiring – then at least once a month, as I used to.

Someone come and light a fire under me.

(Change!)

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! A Britvic 55 to follow perhaps? Well, seeing as it's a bit retro with Crackerjack. Stu Pot or Stu Francis, though? Do I even need to ask? ;-)

    Have you run out of things to say, or... run dry on the topic of choice? Are there things happening in film, the media, the non-trans world that prickle your writing bug?

    Disciplined? Well, hmm. I think there is an element of that, but it feels more like low quality control mixed in with Just Do It. I mean, if I think too hard, my brain goes into overdrive, I second guess, and then rarely write anything. Instead, I just go at it and edit later. That's not too say blogging is effortless: it isn't. Maybe it's that old line about 1% inspiration, 99% glowing profusely :-) I once read that the only way through writer's block is just to write. Just go and see where it takes you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn :)

      Re off-topic stuff: I have a chess blog as well, which is a bit more active. But this one does have to be “topic of choice” related really. Okay, yes, Just Do It is probably good advice.

      Re Crackerjack: Neither. It was all about Peter Glaze ;)

      Delete
  2. Crackerjack!
    Happy belated birthday.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete